East Liberty Presbyterian Church
Penn and Highland Avenues, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
MAP and Gazeteer
POINTS OF REFERENCE- THE BIG PICTURE
ELPC is located at the convergence of Penn Avenue (also known as Penn Mall) and South Highland Avenue in the center of East Liberty. The other streets comprising the block surrounding the church building are Baum Boulevard's eastern terminus and Whitfield Street's western end. We are surrounded by the communities of Bloomfield, Shadyside, Homewood, and Highland Park.
FROM DOWNTOWN (two possibilities)
1. Go east on Bigelow Boulevard (entrances to Bigelow can be found at the top of Sixth Ave., next to the Civic Arena, and at the top of Seventh Ave. next to the USX Tower),
2.Continue on Bigelow Blvd., past the traffic light at the Bloomfield Bridge (do not go across the bridge), and at the next light bear left onto North Craig St.
3. At the next light, turn left onto Baum Blvd. and continue straight to the church.
1. Go out the Parkway East (I-376) to the Forbes Ave. exit to Oakland.
2. Continue on Forbes past the towering "Cathedral of Learning" (on your left). Turn left on Morewood Avenue (at Carnegie-Mellon University) and then take the next right onto Fifth Avenue.
3.Travel east on Fifth Avenue (crossing Aiken and Negley) and turn left onto South Highland Avenue to the church.
FROM THE EAST
1. From the Monroeville area (exit #6 on the PA Turnpike) come toward Pittsburgh on the Parkway East (I-376).
2. Get off at the Edgewood/Swissvale exit, and at the traffic light at end of the ramp turn right onto Braddock Ave.
3. Continue on Braddock to the third traffic light and turn left onto Penn Ave.
4. Stay on Penn Avenue to South Highland and the church.
FROM THE WEST
1. Go through the Fort Pitt Tunnels and across the Bridge.
2. Bear right onto the Parkway East (I-376) toward Oakland and Monroeville.
3. Follow the directions listed above under FROM DOWNTOWN, letter "B"
FROM THE SOUTH
1. Come through the Liberty Tunnels and across the Liberty Bridge and then either go straight onto Bigelow Blvd (see directions for FROM DOWNTOWN, letter "A") or turn right at the end of the Liberty Bridge, get off at the Forbes Ave exit into Oakland and follow the directions listed above for FROM DOWNTOWN, letter "B"
FROM THE NORTH (two possibilities)
1. Come in Rt. 28 South (or Rt. 8) and cross the Highland Park Bridge.
2. At the end of the bridge, turn right onto Butler St and then make a quick left onto Hill Street at the next light.
3. Wind up the hill past the Zoo. After two sharp right bends Hill Street will eventually become Negley at the top of the hill.
4. Continue on Negley and turn left onto Penn Avenue.
5. Take Penn for a few blocks to South Highland and the church.
1. Cross the 40th Street Bridge.
2. Continue straight up the hill to the top and turn left onto Penn Avenue.
3. Continue on Penn to South Highland and the church.
The Cathedral of Hope