South Side Businesses
- Pretty Birds
- Home to the sweetest, most loveable and socialized, hand-fed baby birds in Western Pennsylvania, at 107 South 18th Street (412.481.5558).
- single point systems, inc.
- One source information technology service, at 1100 Bingham Street (412.488.9173).
- Xceed Consulting, Inc.
- Providing management consulting, information technology and e-business consulting, and project management services to a wide variety of clients in multiple geographic markets. 1207 East Carson Street (412.488.7441)
- A really friendly salon. Just the right level of style and
accessibility. (It's where I go...tell Stacey Beth says hello!)
1901 Sidney. 488-7889
- Morning Glory Inn
- The South Side's first bed and breakfast. 2119 Sarah St. 431-1707.
- Raff Printing Company
***> Sent by Dave Pursh at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Raff is a 7 million dollar a year, full service printer. We do 2, 4 and 6 color printing. We use Mac format computer systems and do 2400dpi film output. Raff is located at 2202 Mary street, three blocks off of Carson Street.
- Bob Deasy, Attorney-at-Law
- Robert P. Deasy, Esq.
Deasy & Associates, PC
79 South 23rd Street
Phone: 412-431-1100, Fax: 412-431-0350
***> Comment by Penn Hackney: A fine and caring attorney, specializing in immigration law but good at practically anything!
- Bob Wahl's Auto Repair
- ***> Sent by Tarra Mcgee: It's the best place to take your car and get it fixed. Everyone loves this place and goes there all the time. The workers are nice and they always help to get the job done. We highly reccomend it! (1/22/97)
- Concept Uniforms
- 1735 E. Carson St.
- (412) 381-7555 Tel., (412) 481-8899 Fax
- Fax or call with questions. They have not only uniforms for postal, firefighter, police, etc. but prom attire and so much more. They offer great prices to all. Ask for Delores or Eva.
- Culture Shop
- ***> Sent by George Michael Andrews: A small boutique on east carson street. sells jewelry, fashion and artifacts. It's at 1602 East Carson, right across from Nick's Fat City and next to the Rex Theatre. Well worth a visit.
- Next Generation Paging
- They have been in business at 1001 Carson Street for several years. Jim Gregg, President.
- Silver Eye for Photography
- ***> Sent by Meredith Benedict in January 2004: Located on East Carson between 10th and 11th, the Silver Eye Center for Photography is an inspirational and educational resource for anyone interested in photography. Since 1985 when it was formed, Silver Eye has established a niche as the oldest non-profit organization in Western Pennsylvania dedicated solely to the understanding, appreciation, education, and promotion of photography as an art form and as an expressive form of visual communication. Silver Eye features four premier exhibitions each year in their main galleries and monthly exhibitions in their Members' Gallery. Exhibitions are enriched with lectures, panel discussions, workshops, protfolio reviews, interactive gallery tours, video screenings, and more. Best of all, it's free to the public for viewing and it an important artistic resource to the Pittsburgh community.
Back to the South Side page
Copyright 1995 by Beth Mazur, maintained by Penn.