Around the South Side
- TICKET OFFICE: Prince of Peace Parish, 81 South 13th Street, (412) 431-5550, Fax: (412) 431-0209
Veronica's Veil Auditorium, 44 Pius Street, (412) 481-8609. And see their very fine web site.
- 2100 Mary St. Pittsburgh, Pa. 15203 (412) 381-7767
A nonprofit arts organization dedicated to fostering regional artists through residencies, exhibitions [SPACE 101], performances [Industrial Arts Co-op Garage] and educational outreach. A single locale containing twenty-five unique work and living spaces for artists in all visual disciplines!
See their web site for more information.
- In general, it is not too difficult to park on the South Side, unless there is 18 inches of snow on the ground and you're reluctant to park where somebody's chair is.
Parking on East Carson Street is metered, but parking on the nearby side streets is generally free. In addition, there are
metered parking lots at the following locations:
- E. Carson, between 12th & 13th
- E. Carson & 18th
- 18th & Sidney (one block towards the river on 18th)
- E. Carson, between 19th & 20th
- Iron & Glass Bank, 1114 E. Carson (drive-thru MAC)
- Fayette Bank, 1712 E. Carson
- Giant Eagle, 20th & Wharton (Mellon)
- CrossRoads Food Mart, 18th & Sarah (Integra; slopes side of E. Carson)
- From the Port Authority Transit Web site.
Back to the South Side page
Copyright 1995 by Beth Mazur, maintained by Penn, please send corrections, additional URLs and reviews to email@example.com