C. BELIEVING THAT GOD CALLS US TO PROVIDE VITAL AND DIVERSE OPPORTUNITIES FOR CELEBRATION AND PARTICIPATION IN WORSHIP, MUSIC AND THE ARTS,
We commit ourselves to:
1. Approach our program planning in worship, music, and the arts to include those without church affiliation, drawing new people into the life of our church by being responsive to the needs and interests of those we seek to reach.
2. Undertake a comprehensive review of our weekly schedule to determine the best times for our various worship services, for education and for fellowship.
3. Continue offering and developing diverse forms of worship, both traditional and contemporary, utilizing a wide variety of art forms in our worship: choral and instrumental music, dance, drama, the visual arts, etc.
4. Recognize, publicize, and support all our various worship celebrations as integral parts of our church life.
5. Be intentionally multi-cultural in our worship, music, and arts planning, being especially inclusive of the African-American cultural heritage.
6. Support the directions for leadership and programming which have been set forth by our Search Committee for a Director of Music and the Performing Arts.
(a) Development of music and arts programs which involve as many of our members and friends as possible.
(b) Development of music and arts programs which serve as effective expressions of our mission to reach out to and involve the community, especially children and youth.
(c) Development of means, such as the use of cantors/song leaders, to encourage congregational singing.
7. Work in partnership with community arts organizations, offering our facilities for their use and utilizing their gifts in our church programming.
8. Offer special worship and/or arts festival programs on our church lawn as a means of drawing the wider community into our church life.
9. Exchange ministers and choirs from time to time with other churches, including those of other denominations.
10. Sponsor art exhibits of works by our members and friends, and music and performing arts festivals featuring ELPC groups and individual performers.
The Cathedral of Hope