SPORTSThe playground of life, including the
pebbles and broken glass.
Note: I've been away for a while, but I'm back. Please write if you read this page.
- World Series Game Four Review 10-26-00
- So near and yet so far -- the Mets drop their third one-run game
- World Series Game Three Review 10-25-00
- Benny and the Mets stop the Yankee streak
- World Series Game Two Review 10-24-00
- Clemens hurt the Mets a lot more with the pitches he threw than with the bat he threw
- World Series Game One Review 10-22-00
- Yankees are up one as the Mets screw up
- Subway Series Preview
- Armageddon in the Bronx. I explain why this is more than just a World Series
- Sweet Sixteen Preview
- Not all that sweet, if you ask me
With the glamourous matchups swept aside, here's what's left
- NCAA Round Two: Sunday
- Once more into the breach
as the upsets abound and our brackets collapse
- NCAA Round Two: Saturday
- Upsets were few in the first round
let's take a look at the second round
- NCAA Preview
- March madness returns, and in a fit of insanity
I try and pick the first round
- Super Bowl XXXIII Preview
- Who are these guys and what are they doing here?
I pick the winner and explain why
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 1-23-00
- Coaches have proven that no guts = no glory
How will that affect this weeks playoff games?
- Who Should You Root For?
- Confused about the NFL Playoffs? Too many Cinderallas to sift through?
This will solve your problem.
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 10-27-99
- Game Three: Braves outclassed during the game;
Yanks lack class after
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 10-25-99
- Game Two: Moan of the Braves; Pete returns to the field
Jim Gray gets tough...and in trouble
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 10-24-99
- Game One of the Series
- World Series Preview 1999
- A look ahead and a look back at the LCS
- American League Championship Series 1999
- Will the century end with redemption for the Red Sox
or more whining from Beantown?
- National League Championship Series 1999
- I went 3 for 4 in the first round,
now my heart really has to overpower my head
- Playoff Preview 1999
- I return with semi-fearless predictions.
For amusement only, not for wagering.
- Hail To The Champions (713-99)
- The crowd was there, the world was watching, the Soccerbabes took center stage
- World Cup Final Preview
- They're young, tough, and good-looking. Can they beat China?
- From The Cheap Seats 7/2/99
- Wrapping up the NBA and NHL
Should baseball use replay?
- From The Cheap Seats 6/16/99
- Stanley Cup Finals, NBA Finals, horse racing
and a look back at the French Open
- From The Cheap Seats 6/5/99
- The Braves have pitching problems, the Knicks lose Patrick
Belmont Stakes Preview, MLB has doubts about homers
- From The Cheap Seats 5/29/99
- Portland send the Mailman on vacation; Conference Final Previews
and a report on the UEFA Final (that's soccer, folks)
- Preakness Preview
- Another crowded field makes this tricky
- NBA Playoff Preview
- Post-MJ the league is wide open. The young will battle the old for the ring.
- Kentucky Derby Preview
- Lots of horses and no real favorite
- National League Preview
- Winners and losers, rich and poor, they all start 0-0
- From The Cheap Seats 4/3/99
- NCAA wrapup, NBA Notes
- From The Cheap Seats 3/27/99
- Final Four Preview; The Mets get Orel
and other assorted tidbits
- NBA Midseason Report (3-25-99)
- Who's up, who's down, what's happening.
- From The Cheap Seats 3/23/99
- NCAA Regional wrap - are more Gonzagas coming?
Last look at Holyfield-Lewis; the Next Jordan Watch continues
- NCAA Regional Previews
- Lots of Cinderellas, is there a glass slipper in the house?
- The Fix Was In
- I wish this was really a shock,
but it was business as usual in the ring.
- NCAA Preview, Part 2
- First round recap, second round preview
and a quick look at Holyfield vs Lewis
- NCAA Tournament Preview
- I attack the first round before it attacks me
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 3/9/99
- Farewell to an American icon
Men's tennis is confused, George Foreman is confused, Nascar leaves me confused
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 3/7/99
- The Baby Bull breaks down the doors to the Hall -- who else belongs?
Au revoir, les Expos; NCAA Tourney notes; Manchester vs Inter Milan (really)
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 2/26/99
- Del departs, Dennis arrives, does it matter?
Clemens for Wells, one more time; the dangers of match play
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 2/19/99
- Superman trades for some brass knuckles; Quartey vs De la Hoya report
NBA Notes including a little poem about the Pistons
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 2/13/99
- Robert Edwards knee, Shaquille O'Neal's body
De la Hoya-Quartey preview
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 2/11/99
- The NBA returns, examining the Lakers
do point guards rule the West? is Seaver's return terrific?
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 2/4/99
- The Broncos roast the Falcons and I eat crow
Dennis Rodman looks for work; Australian Open notes
- Super Bowl PreviewOn any given Sunday seems to apply to this one
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 1/27/99
- The Knicks long fall from grace; LT stay home
and a year's worth of golf stories
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 1/21/99
- Conference Championship post mortem; Tyson puts down the set-up
the NBA's prospects; Kevin Brown's charitable side
- The Return of Bitin' Mike 1/16/99
- As boxing's biggest bad boy stages his latest comeback,
some thoughts on his career and the joke it's become
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 1/15/99
- A look back at Michael Jordan, a look forward to the Conference Championships
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 1/9/99
- Fiesta Bowl wrapup; Hall of Fame election recap
The lockout is over; NFL Playoff predictions
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 1/4/99
- Wild Card recap -- the zebras strike again
Fiesta Bowl prediction
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 1/2/99
- Wild Card Picks and NFL Year in Review
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 12/14/98
- The Mets get a leadoff hitter; the Broncos get upset
A downer for Disney; a careful record
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 12/12/98
- Heisman time; Big bucks for Brown
President's Cup Blues; UCLA's men in black
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 12/8/98
- More problems for the refs, Worse ones for UCLA and Kansas State
Whatever Roger wants...NBA still MIA
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 11/30/98
- The refs can't hear and they can't see
Let's take away their mikes and go for the sweep
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 11/24/98
- College football at its best, fans at their best
the Broncos, Vikings, and Annika pass the test
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 11/19/98
- Big Game week in L.A., memories of Novembers past
NFL matchups, NL MVP wrapup
- National League MVP
- Is the best player always the most valuable?
Mac vs. Sammy, round two
- American League MVP
- Lots of flawed candidates makes the AL MVP a tricky call
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 11/17/98
- The NFC sickens, the BCS race quickens,
time on my hands, and consistency gets an award
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 11/10/98
- The Bucks stopped here, the Falcons kept flying, Skippy said goodbye
- Breeder's Cup Preview
- Just the picks, nothing but the picks
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 11/4/98
- Eagles flying low, Jesse flying high,The Boxer currently known as Prince
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 10/22/98
- Game Four of the Series, all hail the Yankees (again)
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 10/21/98
- Game Three of the Series, the deathwatch begins
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 10/19/98
- Game Two of the Series, pro football coaching strategy, and ancient warriors
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 10/18/98
- Game One of the Series and College Football
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 10/15/98
- World Series Preview
- Bochy's Choice
- The Padres' manager rolled the dice in game five and lost...now what?
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 10/12/98
- Unlikely losers... in cleats, spikes, and horseshoes
- FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 10/9/98
- "Bad umps, bad umps, whatcha gonna do
whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"
FROM THE CHEAP SEATS 10/7/98
- Just some views on baseball managing and broadcasting
- League Champioship Series Preview
- I hate to go with the obvious, but here they are. 10-5-98
- A Rose By Any Name
- Pete, that is.The article is old, the issue is old, the controversy still exists.
Back to RANDOM THOUGHTS